In this episode of The Maker’s Collective Podcast we tackle a topic that can often be a roadblock for people who work for themselves – how to budget when income isn’t consistent. It’s certainly not a science, but there are a few tips that can help you see the whole picture a little more clearly, and to make smarter decisions.
It’s short and sweet, so listen up!
- Budgeting when you don’t have a consistent income
- 1. Know your numbers – what are your fixed expenses?
- 2. Look to your past to understand what your high and low times in your business are, and then look to the future (the year ahead) to plan ahead.
- 3. Build an emergency fund – know that you can support yourself during the lower times in your business
- If you have questions about this, reach out to Laura!
- Freshbooks – https://www.freshbooks.com/
- Wave Accounting – https://www.waveapps.com/
- Millennial Money – Budgeting When the Numbers Don’t Make Sense – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/millennial-money/id957163760?mt=2
More from The Maker’s Collective:
- The Maker’s Collective – http://makerscollective.club/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/MakersCoClub/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/makerscollectiveclub/
- Get In Touch & Join The Club – http://makerscollective.club/contact/
- Get On The Shop Talk Series Email List & Never Miss Another Chance To Get Tickets – http://eepurl.com/giPBvD
More from Lacey:
- LJH Brand Strategy & Business/ Mindset Coaching – http://www.laceyjheels.com/
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/laceyjheels
- DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE EBOOK “INSTAGRAM FOR CREATIVES”
More from Laura:
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lauraannehart/