In this episode of The Maker’s Collective Podcast we bring you the next chat in our 44 Gaukel series – this one is with local Indigenous visual artist, Luke Swinson. We’re both huge fans of Luke and his work and it was incredibly special for us to get this opportunity, plus he’s a sweet and gentle soul, so talking with him was a true pleasure.
Here’s a peek at some of the topics we covered:
- Exploring, educating himself about, and embracing his identity as an Indigenous Artist
- Learning on the job
- Public art
- The role of social media in art and how to balance growth and obsession with the platform and maintaining authenticity
- Is being an artist the same as being a business owner?
- Learning to say no to opportunities
- Levelling up through testing and experiences
- Advice for young artists
More from Luke:
More from 44 Gaukel:
- Website. – https://44gaukelarts.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/44gaukelarts/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/44Gaukel/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/44Gaukel
More from The Maker’s Collective:
- The Maker’s Collective – http://makerscollective.club/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/MakersCoClub/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/makerscollectiveclub/
- Get in touch & join the club – http://makerscollective.club/contact/
More from Lacey:
- LJH Creative Consulting- http://www.laceyjheels.com/
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/laceyjheels
More from Laura:
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lhmoneycoaching/
This episode of The Maker’s Collective Podcast is brought to you by our friends at Libro Credit Union. If you’re located in Southwestern Ontario and are a new business, or are looking for a new financial institution, head to www.libro.ca/makers to learn more!
It’s also brought to you by the Downtown Kitchener BIA. If you’re wondering what’s going on downtown right now, hit them up on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/dtkitchener/.
Audio brand and episodes produced & edited by François Goudreault of Hello Francy, sound and music productions. https://hellofrancy.com/