In this episode of The Maker’s Collective Podcast we talk about selling in the time of COVID-19 and social distancing that we’re living in right now. Over the past several weeks we’ve had a lot of people reach out to us with questions around how to sell, which at the best of times is a hard thing to do, so it’s completely understandable that in this time where the world is struggling it would feel even harder to put yourself and your work out there.
The thing is, if you own a small business and you need it to keep functioning right now, then you have to sell AND it’s ok to sell. What becomes important is to ensure you’re leading with service and empathy at the forefront of everything you do.
We know that this is an incredibly difficult time for everyone, and we want to stress that if what you need right now is to be gentle with yourself then please listen and honour that, but if you’ve been struggling with wanting and needing to sell, then here are our suggestions:
- Gut check your business
- Does your audience still need what you’re selling?
- What do they care about right now?
- What are their new pain points?
- How can you pivot what you offer to help support your audience?
- Lead With Service
- Can you make any of your programming/events/products free or more accessible-y priced?
- It’s ok to sell right now
- Think about your pricing structure – sell with integrity (what can you make accessible/free and what are your main offers?)
- Can you set up a tiered pricing structure with your offerings?
- Could you provide products/services at a pay-what-you-can model?
More from The Maker’s Collective:
- The Maker’s Collective – http://makerscollective.club/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/MakersCoClub/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/makerscollectiveclub/
- Get In Touch & Join The Club – http://makerscollective.club/contact/
- Get Your Ticket for the Next Side Hustle Starter Kit Online Training Event – https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/side-hustle-starter-kit-online-training-tickets-100939759538
- Download Your Free Copy of the Side Hustle 101 Online Course & Pitch Competition Program Overview – https://www.makerscolearning.com/SideHustle101
- Apply Now to be Part of Our Wild Womxn Mastermind – https://www.makerscolearning.com/WildWomxnMastermind
More from Lacey:
- LJH Creative Consulting- http://www.laceyjheels.com/
- Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/laceyjheels
More from Laura:
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lhmoneycoaching/
- Need Some Budgeting Support? Get Your Free Copy of How To Build A Budget…And Stick With It – https://www.lhmoneycoaching.com/ebook-landing-page