In this episode of The Maker’s Collective Podcast you’ll meet Mallory, one half of the team behind the company, BridesMade. BridesMade is a company that rents sustainable, adjustable bridesmaids dresses to women all over Canada. There’s a lot of juicy content in this episode, especially if you’ve ever wanted to know more about the highs and lows of designing and manufacturing a product. It’s a quick listen and packed to the brim with takeaways – we hope you enjoy!
- Meet Mallory – solving that age old bridesmaid dress problem by starting BridesMade
- Background – corporate finance to fashion designer/entrepreneur
- How to design a dress that works for every body
- Finding a manufacturing partner – it’s harder than you think!
- Don’t wait to be perfect to launch
- Be mindful about how you get started
- How does BridesMade work?
- Automation – answering customer questions through marketing & building trust
- Starting with selling to Canada
- Building their team
- Marketing – organic social and paid advertising
- Don’t forget Bing
- Importance of influencer marketing
- What’s next?
Resources from the episode:
- COO – https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/coo.asp
- Wilfrid Laurier University – https://www.wlu.ca/
- The Infinity Dress – https://bridesmade.ca/collections/infinity-collection
- 3 PL (Third Party Logistics Partner) – http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/dsib-logi.nsf/eng/Home
- Bing – https://www.bing.com/
- Channel Partners – https://bridesmade.ca/pages/retailers
More from BridesMade
More from Maker’s Co:
- The Maker’s Collective – http://makerscollective.club/
- Catch Up On Past Episodes – http://makerscollective.club/podcast-2/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/MakersCoClub/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/makerscollectiveclub/
- Get In Touch & Join The Club – http://makerscollective.club/contact/